This online membership application is open to new members only. If you are already a current AKA Student/Practitioner member and want to upgrade please click here.
Annual Membership Fees
|Membership Type||Annual Fees|
|All Practitioner Levels (Level 4-6)||$210.00 incl GST|
|Kinesiology Instructor/ Trainer||$210.00 incl GST|
|AKA Registered Supervisor/ Mentor||Additional $55|
|Associate||$59.95 incl GST|
|Student||FREE for first 2 years, then $59.95 incl GST|
Practitioner Application Fees
The Practitioner Member Application Fee is a non-refundable application fee payable to the Practitioner Registration Board (PRB) for those wanting to apply for practitioner registration. Note that applications must be completed within 3 months, otherwise the application may need to be resubmitted for an additional application fee.
|Application fees (non-refundable)|
|Registered Kinesiology Intermediate Practitioner (Level 4)||$35.95 incl GST|
|Registered Kinesiology Professional Practitioner (Level 5)||$59.95 incl GST|
|Registered Kinesiology Specialist Practitioner (Level 6)||$83.95 incl GST|
|International fee||Additional AUD$110|
International PRB applications
All international applications, where your kinesiology qualifications were carried out overseas, are reviewed on a case by case basis via the workshop study model and incur an additional administration fee.
AKA Membership Application Process
Step 1: Check eligibility for registration
You are required to meet eligibility requirements in both kinesiology and non-kinesiology courses.
Kinesiology courses must be accredited by the AKA in order to be eligible for registration. See accredited courses here. Kinesiology course requirements are outlined below.
|Kinesiology Training||Level 4||Level 5||Level 6|
|Total Kinesiology Hours||250||600||1200|
|Category A (Foundations in kinesiology)||45||100||100|
|Category B (Post-foundations in kinesiology)||250||500|
|Repeated courses (maximum allowed)||50||120||250|
|Balance, can be made up of either Category A, B and/or repeats||205||250||600|
Non-kinesiology course requirements are below. The AKA accepts government accredited non-kinesiology courses delivered by RTO’s qualified to deliver HLT non-kinesiology units.
|Non-kinesiology training||Level 4||Level 5||Level 6|
|Anatomy & Physiology||50||100||150|
|Work practices, WHS, legal, ethics, etc||25||40||40|
|Marketing including social media||0||20||20|
You also require a current First Aid certificate and Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance. If you cannot apply for insurance until you are a member of the AKA Inc., please apply and advise us as soon as you receive your insurance certificate of currency.
Step 2: Complete online registration
Before commencing your online registration please read below information about documents and qualifications.
To initiate your online application click “Apply Now” below to complete an online registration form.
Step 3: Submit relevant documentation to AKA Practitioner Registration Board (PRB)
Please note the PRB will only accept kinesiology qualifications that have been approved by the AKA Course Accreditation Board (CAB). Please click here to view AKA Accredited Courses List showing all AKA accredited Registered Training Organizations and AKA accredited Individual Courses.
Upon completion of your online application, you will be sent an email requesting you to submit the following documents online:
- A copy of your kinesiology qualifications. Either:
- Diploma in Kinesiology certificate (HLT52415) and statement of attainment if you have studied via a Registered Training Organization; or
- If studying via the Workshop Study Pathway, provide individual proficiency assessed certificates for each individual kinesiology course.
- A copy of your completed Supervised (50 hours) and Mentored Record clinic (150 hours) forms (click here for forms). Note Level 4 minimum requirement is 50 hours of clinic (20 hours of supervised clinic + 30 hours mentored clinic).
- A copy of your certificates for the non-kinesiology components of your application (including infection prevention and control for level 4 applicants). Please note for the non-kinesiology component of your application the AKA accepts AKA accredited non-kinesiology courses listed in the AKA Accredited Courses List and/or only government accredited courses.
- A copy of your current first aid certificate
- A copy of your certificate of currency (Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance)
All documents may be scanned and uploaded.
Once these documents have been received by the AKA your membership submission can be further processed by the PRB. Please allow up to 10 business days for the AKA office to contact you.