Who we are
Our website address is: https://aka.asn.au.
Collection of your Personal Information
The Australian Kinesiology Association is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information which the association collects, holds and administers. Personal information is information which directly or indirectly identifies a person, such as your email address, name, home or work address or telephone number. The Australian kinesiology Association Inc. also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your age and gender.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by The Australian kinesiology Association Inc. This information can include: Your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by the Australian kinesiology Association Inc. for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Australian kinesiology Association Inc.’s website.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through the Australian Kinesiology Association Inc. practitioner, instructor or trainer listing, this information may be collected and used by others.
The AKA is bound by laws which impose specific obligations when it comes to handling information. The association has adopted the following principles, contained as minimum standards in relation to handling personal information.
The Australian Kinesiology Association Inc. will:
- Collect only information which the organisation requires for its primary function or a directly related purpose;
- Ensure that stakeholders are informed as to why we collect the information and how we administer the information gathered;
- Use and disclose personal information only for our primary functions or a directly related purpose, or for another purpose with the person’s consent;
- Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access; and
- Provide stakeholders with access to their own information, and the right to seek its correction.
Security of your Personal Information
The Australian Kinesiology Association Inc. secures your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. The Australian Kinesiology Association Inc. secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Use of your Personal Information
The Australian Kinesiology Association Inc. collects and uses your personal information to:
- operate the Australian Kinesiology Association Inc. website and deliver the services you have requested.
- inform you of other products or services available from the Australian Kinesiology Association Inc.
- contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
- contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (email, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party.
- share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support or to provide these services to The Australian Kinesiology Association Inc., and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
The Australian Kinesiology Association Inc. does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties, or use or disclose sensitive personal information without your explicit consent.
The Australian Kinesiology Association Inc. keeps track of the websites and pages our customer visit within the Australian Kinesiology Association Inc., in order to determine what the Australian Kinesiology Association Inc. services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customised content and advertising within the Australian Kinesiology Association Inc. to customers whose behaviour indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
The Australian Kinesiology Association Inc. websites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if mandated by an enforcement body, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- conform to the ethics of the law or comply with legal process served on the Australian Kinesiology Association Inc. or the site;
- the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences, breaches of a law imposing a penalty or sanction or breaches of a prescribed law;
- the enforcement of laws relating to the confiscation of the proceeds of crime;
- the protection of the public revenue;
- the prevention, detection, investigation or remedying of seriously improper conduct or prescribed conduct;
- the preparation for, or conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal, or implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal;
- protect and defend the rights or property of the Australian Kinesiology Association Inc.;
- act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Australian Kinesiology Association Inc., or the public.
For the purpose of this, the Australian Kinesiology Association Inc. must make a written note of the use or disclosure.
When visitors leave comments on the website we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
The Australian Kinesiology Association Inc. website uses “cookies” to help you personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalise the Australian Kinesiology Association Inc. pages, or register with the Australian Kinesiology Association Inc. site or services, a cookie helps the Australian Kinesiology Association Inc. to recall your information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses and so on. When you return to the Australian Kinesiology Association Inc. website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Australian Kinesiology Association Inc. features that you customised.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your bowser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Australian Kinesiology Association Inc. services or websites you visit.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
The Australian Kinesiology Association Inc. can withhold the access of an individual to his/her information if:
- providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of any individual; or
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals; or
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between the organisation and the individual, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings; or
- providing access would reveal the intentions of the organisation in relation to negotiations with the individual in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations; or
- providing access would be unlawful; or
- providing access would be likely to prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity; or
- an enforcement body performing a lawful security function asks the Australian Kinesiology Association Inc. not to provide access to the information on the basis that providing access would be likely to cause damage to the security of Australia.
The Australian Kinesiology Association Inc. will provide to the individual its reasons for denial of access or a refusal to correct personal information. Where providing access would reveal evaluative information generated within the organisation in connection with a commercially sensitive decision making process, the Australian Kinesiology Association Inc. may give the individual an explanation for the commercially sensitive decision rather than direct access to the information.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
What data breach procedures we have in place
We have a Cyber Security Policy and Data Breach Response Plan, which we would follow in the unlikely event of a privacy or data breach.
If the Australian Kinesiology Association Inc. has sufficient reasons to believe that an unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in, and the disclosure of personal information becomes a necessary part of its investigation of the matter or in reporting its concerns to relevant persons or authorities, the organisation may make such disclosures.
Changes to this Policy